Historic A. B. Felgemaker Organ
The All Souls historic organ was built in 1873 for a Pennsylvania church by the A. B. Felgemaker Organ Company in Erie, Pennsylvania. It was purchased and shipped via Lake Erie to Port Clinton and then by wagon to Bellville in 1910.
Having served the congregation for many years, the time had come for the instrument to have a complete renovation. After several years of setting aside monies from rummage sales, concerts, memorial gifts, and a pledge drive, the $30,000 was raised to complete the project.
The James Leek Organ Company in Oberlin, Ohio, was contracted for the restoration. Work on the organ began in January 2001. The process involved replacing all worn leather components, thoroughly cleaning the organ, and restoring the hand pump mechanism, which had not worked since 1935 when an electric blower was added.
Joyce Fenton, a church member, carefully repainted the highly decorated front pipes. By the first Sunday of June 2002, the organ was fully reassembled and again able to be played. The organ is also tuned every year.
The Organ has a compliment of 396 pipes, including the following stops:
- Open Diapson 8’
- Melodia 8’
- Dulciana 8’
- Octave 4’
- Flute D’Amour 4’
- Fifteenth 2’
- Bourdon 16’
- Manual to Pedal Coupler